NOTD: It's Black, It's White

Well hello my Gorgeous Loves. I hope you are all well. I didn't know what to do with my nails on Wednesday evening so I thought I would give my Nail Rock Nail Wraps that came in my November GlossyBox a go. Please see that post here :)










These are in the design Nail Rock Black And White Stripes Designer Nail Wraps, Link :) - £6.65 From nailrock.com


These were pretty easy to apply. I removed the nail polish that was already on my nails with nail polish remover that contains acetone. I then used a cuticle pusher to push back my cuticles and gently went over the tops of my nails with my nail file. I shaped the ends of the nails with the nail file also. I selected the wrap sizes that I felt fitted best with the size of my nails. I did not trim any wraps prior to application, although you can do this if you need to. I then placed the rounded edge nearest my cuticles and smoothed it over my nails, spreading the wrap in an outward motion. If you get creases you can lift the wrap and smooth it back over again. I do have a couple of creases in my nails as you can see in the photos, but that is because I was rushing and it was late at night. I used my nail scissors to snip off most of the excess wrap. I folded the rest underneath the end of my nail firmly and filed the end of the nail to remove this excess.


When I initially received these in my GlossyBox I wasn't that bothered about using these, but I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. As I mentioned in my November GlossyBox post I would have preferred a different design, but I still think this is quite fun. These were much easier to apply than the one other time I used nail wraps (not from Nail Rock) that needed to be heated with a hairdryer to apply. The sizes of these wraps come in nice sizes that fit almost perfectly to my nails. They do make my teeth go on edge a bit when I touch material or something, but I got used to that after a couple of hours wear. I think they are great for an instant nail design that you don't have to wait to dry. For that reason alone I will definitely need to get some in the new year when I have some money. They have started to chip after two days wear, but only slightly at the ends. I have been very busy though so if you are more careful you may get another day or two from them before chipping commences. To remove them you just need to peel away from the nail edge which I have yet to do so I can't say if this is easy.


Have you tried any other Nail Rock designs? Do you recommend any other nail wrap brands?



Love to you all

2 comments:

  1. I got spotty ones and I'm not too bothered about them either but you make it sound fairly simple

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gaelle- The Make up Fairy - It is really. If you give them a try let me know how you like them x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...