February JolieBox

Hello Sweetie Pies. I hope you have all been having a fab weekend. Damn I can't wait for summer to come along. Sunshine is goooooooooooooood!! Today I have a post for you with my first impressions of my February JolieBox. This box 'Nice and Natural from top to toe ...'






Although the products arrived in their usual beauty box inside the box was also this pouch containing the products. It's a nice touch and handy to keep things in.





Left To Right: Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in Forever Pink, Link :), Lavera Basis Sensitive Organic Hand Cream, Link :), Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, Link :)



Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in Forever Pink


The Information:


An all-natural, multi-purpose stain that adjusts its colour to your mood and temperature. A long lasting colour for lips and cheeks. A non-drying product that flatters your skin's undertone. Olive butter, avocado butter and wild rose wax soothe and soften lips. Rose flower wax and beeswax nourish and moisturise.


Application To Lips:


Place the tip of the product directly onto the lips and apply the desired amount of the product.


Application To Cheeks:


Apply product directly to cheek and blend with a blending brush or foundation brush.


Tip:


Apply product to one cheek at a time and blend immediatly.






Swatched Onto Hand






Swatched Onto Lips



I hope you can tell from the swatch on my hand that the centre is a light pink, but around the edges it has a light purple outline. I wondered if this would look odd on the lips so I tried it. The purple does not really show up in this photo. On my lips it came across a soft, very natural pink with a very slight purple undertone. It gradually went a slightly more vibrant pink, but nothing shocking. Do not go by the colour of this stain as it looks very coral. It is actually a very nice lip balm. I haven't tried it on my cheeks yet as I wasn't wearing any make-up when I took this photo.


Lavera Basis Sensitive Organic Hand Cream ~ £3.75 From Amazon


The Information:


An organic hand cream with shea butter and almond extracts.


This is not a thick formula. It has quite a different scent to most hand creams, but I like it. I think it's due to the almond extracts. It's a bit sweet like marzipan.


Macadamia Deep Repair Masque ~ £25.94 for 250ml


The Information:


This ultra-conditioning hair masque will rebuild damaged hair for improved shine and elasticity.


Application:


Apply a generous amount to the length and ends of your hair when wet and comb through. Allow up to 7 minutes of penetration before rinsing.


I am really confused as on the information card that came with this month's JolieBox it says full size, but this is obviously just sample size?






 Left To Right: Kimia Rejuvenating Facial System, Link :), Taaj Himalaya Micellar Water, Link :)



Kimia Rejuvenating Facial System ~ £74.00 for 30/100ml


The Information:


Kimia Exquisite All Natural Face Oil is based on a unique selection of the purest and most potent natural oils, sourced from around the world and carefully blended in a process developed through advanced research. While some of these ingredients combine to stimulate rejuvenation of the skin cells, others have cleansing, refining and nourishing properties. The Kimia oil-based serum is the dynamic element of the system that stimulates this active and continuous cell renewal.


These effects are activated and enhanced by Kimia Hydra-activator, a hydra-based formula that creates a synergistic effect when applied with the oil, increasing the absorption of the oil into the skin and accelerating the removal of dead cells, and leaving your skin velvety smooth with a non-greasy feel and look.

The Kimia Hydra-activator contains refined extracts of Lady’s Mantle. This special plant produces its own drops of moisture – so-called celestial water – and was renowned in ancient times for its magical powers. For centuries it was used in alchemy, a process believed to turn any compound into pure gold – the Kimia Glow. 


Application:


Kimia Exquisite Rejuvenating Face System is quickly absorbed into your skin, leaving a perfect base for applying makeup and any other products. To guarantee optimal effect and the magic 'Kimia Glow', the Kimia Exquisite Rejuvenating Face System should be used twice daily, first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

 

Step 1



After cleansing and toning your skin, take six or more drops of Kimia Exquisite All Natural Face Oil and gently pat onto the whole of your face, gently massaging the entire area in upward and outward movements.

 

Step 2



Spray six pumps of Kimia Hydra-activator into your hand and apply to the whole of your face, ensuring full coverage. Gently massage upwards and outwards until absorbed.


The amounts of oil and activator used may be increased or decreased depending on your personal skin type. You can also choose to increase the dosage and the frequency of use for an extra boost and that unique Kimia Glow. You should always apply one spray of the Activator to one drop of oil.



I was a little disappointed to receive this product purely because I already tried this when I reveived this in my September GlossyBox. Please see that post here. My thoughts on this system are in my October Empties post here. Because I have already tried this product I would rather have tried the RMK Cleansing Oil that some people received. 


Taaj Himalaya Micellar Water ~ £9.66 for 500ml on Amazon


The Information:


An antioxidant and tonic make-up remover that will revitalise and purify skin.


This smells very clean and herbally. I am on the lookout for a decent make-up remover so I am looking forward to trying this.



So now onto my overall thoughts. There is nothing that I don't like the look of in this box, but I am a little gutted that I have a repeated product. Although it's from another beauty box that I am subscribed to it may be something for companies that supply beauty boxes to note. Just a quick check on my blog and it may have been noticed that I have already reviewed this so it would have been better to send me the alternative product. Also putting full size next to the macadamia product information on the inserted card is a bit misleading as the sachet is obviously not full size. I was not overwhelmed by this month's box, but I do like the lip/cheek stain and I am looking forward to trying the make-up remover.



Here is a link to the JolieBox website for those wanting more information, Link :)



So what products did you receive in your JolieBox this month? Did you like them?



Love to you all

2 comments:

  1. I liked all my items too but also wasn't keen on the repeated brands from other beauty boxes especially as I've subscribed to a few I thought I would get all different ones :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which beauty boxes are you subscribed to? Are they any good? xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...