Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters: Follow Up Review

Hi All. It's such a gorgeous day it's almost like the bad weather actually hasn't been happening. I gave you a quick preview in this post of my initial impressions of the three Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters that I picked up. In my original post I swatched them on my hand, but in this post I will show you how they actually look on my lips. Please remember that everyone has different skin pigmentation so they may look different on your lips than they do on mine.








 Cupcake (055)




I found Cupcake to be the worst of the three for me simply because it went streaky on my lips. It separated showing up every line and crease. I must admit this is something I tend to find a lot with these kind of lip shades on me. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you resolve it if you do? I think this might be one for layering as opposed to wearing alone. At least for me anyway. The shade is a very, very pale pink. Quite 60's.








  Peach Parfait (025)




Peach Parfait was a little bit gritty on application due to the glitter particles, but it wasn't unpleasant. It didn't dry out my lips which is I thought it might due to the glitter. This lip butter is a rose brown shade with a very glossy sheen. Really nice. This is very easy to wear. 









Tutti Frutti (015)




Now for my favourite of the three. I love, love, love this shade. This mid-toned orange shade really brings out the blue of my eyes and feels so smooth on my lips. It's not gritty at all, just glossy. I think this shade will suit so many skin tones. If you try one shade try this one.




I think these lip butters are a great concept as you don't need to apply a lip butter before applying your desired lip shade. Depending on the colour there are a few you could just throw on without a mirror. I will definitely be checking out the other shades. I think I may store mine in the fridge in the summer as they do melt and could get very messy very easily. Perhaps not great for festival weekends.




You can pick these up in Superdrug or at superdrug.com for £7.99 each or on their current 3 for 2 offer. You can also purchase these in Boots Pharmacy or at boots.com for £7.99 each.




Have you tried any of these lip butters? What are your favourite and not so favourite shades? What do you like/dislike about them? 




Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...