July 2012 GlossyBox

Hey loves. I have given the house a really good clean today which although was not fun in this hot weather I always feel better for doing it. I picked up My July GlossyBox from my Mum's. I thought I had changed the details on my GlossyBox account to my new address, but I will have to investigate. This month's box is festival inspired so let me show you the products.








Left To Right:

Bex London Londoner Urban Fragrance (W1X), £81.00 for 100ml EDT

This sophisticated neo-vintage fragrance is inspired by the opulence and high- octane atmosphere of London’s West-End.

Notes:
 
Top: Coriander, Bergamot, Mandarin, Neroli

Middle: Cardamon, Orris, Rose, Ylang, Tea, White Jasmine, Freesia, Violet, Lily of the Valley,
 
Bottom: Cypress, Cedar Wood, Precious Wood, Patchouli, Vanilla, Vetiver

The fragrance W1X is one of four from this range. I am not sure if this is £81.00 for all four fragrances or each? I would describe this scent as soft and feminine. It's okay, but not something I would buy for myself. With the London culture behind this product I expected something a bit more 'girl about town', but it does say that W1X is a feminine fragrance.

Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Moisture Mist, £9.25 for 250ml

Deeply hydrates thirsty hair and revives dry, tired skin. Ensures soft, healthy looking skin. Reactivates styling products in the hair. Perfect for touch ups. 

Spray generously on hair and skin.

I am really coming close to finishing my face mist/toner so this will be nice to try. When I smell this spray bottle product it's very subtle and does seem quite refreshing.

Monu Eye Cool Gel, £16.95 for 15ml

A refreshing gel that instantly revives and tones tired eyes, reducing puffiness, fine lines and dark circles. Can be used under make-up. 

Not tested on animals. Wheat-free and paraben-free.

Use morning and night after cleansing and toning. Gently pat a small amount around the eye area, avoiding the eye lids, until completely absorbed.

This feels very cooling. I like the idea that it's a gel formula. It appears to have very little if no scent.

Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Frosting in Irish Cream Pavlova, £10.00 for 15ml

A multifunctional cream gloss. Use on lips for a tint of colour, or on cheeks for a luminous glow. This is scented with homemade pavlova. 

This is my first ever Jelly Pong Pong product and so far I like it. The scent is gorgeous. Very sweet and very noticeable. The product came out quite thick and gloopy and quite fast when I squeezed the tube. The gloss is very shiny and this colour is a very sweet pink candy shade. I think this will be great for lips and cheeks.












Centre:

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, £17.50 for 50ml

Apply this dry oil to your face, body and hair all year round. Your face and body are left feeling soft and silky. Your hair is supple, soft and shines with health.

On the face:

- Spray Huile Prodigieuse in the palm of your hands and rub hands together to warm the product.

- Apply Huile Prodigieuse on the face with smoothing strokes from the centre to facial contours.
  
On the body:


- Spray Huile Prodigieuse on selected areas (décolleté, arms, stomach, thighs…).

- Massage Huile Prodigieuse area by area using circular movements.

On the hair:

- Spray Huile Prodigieuse directly on hair (at a distance of about 20 cm). Massage hair and scalp to help penetration.

- Wrap hair in a dry towel and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes for complete penetration of Huile Prodigieuse.

- Wash hair with your daily Shampoo.

I like the scent of this multi-tasking dry oil. It's quite warm yet subtle. I will mostly use this on face and body. Mine is not a spray bottle as it's a 10ml sample, but it's still nice to try a versatile product.

Bonus Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Products:

Left:

Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Optimizing Skin Serum & Gentle Hydrating Cream SPF15, From £32.00 for 50ml

Gentle Hydrating Cleanser: 

Colloidal Oatmeal particles to gently exfoliate the skin and Oat Protein fine powder to soothe.  

Optimizing Skin Serum: 

Sodium Hyaluronate to lubricate and attract moisture to the skin; and Vitamin C Derivative which provides antioxidant protection and helps brighten the appearance of skin. 

Gentle Hydrating Cream SPF15: 

Advanced Moisture Complex including a combination of high performance moisturizers, humectants, film formers and water binding agents, such as Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Urea, Sodium PCA and Glycerin, provide long lasting moisturisation. Gentle Hydrating Night Cream: Shea Butter which is an effective emollient and moisturizer; and Lavender to calm and soothe skin while providing a relaxing scent.

Dry Skin needs gentle but effective hydration. The 4-step Regime: Cleanse, Tone, Treat, Moisturize will make a Visible Difference in your skin. 

  • Cleanse with the Gentle Hydrating Cleanser massaging it onto wet face and rinsing well with warm water. 

  • To tone sweep the Gentle Hydrating Toner over cleansed skin with cotton (not included with these samples)

  • Treat with the Optimizing Skin Serum by smoothing onto face and throat, before moisturizer, morning or night. 

  • Moisturise with the Gentle Hydrating Cream SPF15 and the Gentle Hydrating Night Cream by smoothing onto cleansed face and throat, (Gentle Hydrating Night Cream not included with samples).

The only Elizabeth Arden skin care I have tried is the 8 hour cream and I didn't like it due to the smell and texture. I know it's really popular with a lot of you though.

I thought there was something else in the sachet on the right of the photo, but it's just information on these samples. I hope these are nice products to use and I will test them out. They are quite pricey, but I will see if they are worth it.




So my overall thoughts on this month's box are pretty good. I will use everything included. The moisture mist and eye gel seem very cooling and good for the skin. I love the shade of the lip frosting too.




For more information on UK GlossyBox please check out this Link :)




GlossyBox has now popped up in the US so check it out in this Link :)




Which products did you receive in your GlossyBox this month and do you like them? What is the US GlossyBox like if you have tried it?





Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...