ModelCo Face Base & EcoTOOLS Make-Up Applicators

Hey Darlings. I hope you are all very happy and well. I'm good at the moment and enjoying my last week off before returning to work on Monday. The sunshine has come at a good time, but I really need a sun lounger to fully appreciate it. I really want one that lies flat and isn't too expensive so if you have any recommendations on where I can find one please let me know :) Today I have a few reviews for you so I will get started.








First up is ModelCo Face Base Skin Primer. This product was sent to me by Kilpatrick PR for free to review. The idea behind this product is to smooth out the skins surface in preparation for make-up application. In other words to help disguise those fine lines, wrinkles and pores. This product is to be applied after your moisturiser, but before your foundation application to help your make-up last up to 10 hours. It can also be used as a face moisturiser. It is meant to protect the skin against drying and seasonal conditions, rehydrating and leaving the skin feeling velvety smooth. This primer is also oil-free and suitable for all skin types. It has a translucent formula as you can see from the tube.

I have used this primer quite a few times and I do enjoy applying it because it really does feel silky and velvety smooth to apply. It really does feel like it leaves a gorgeous layer on your skin. Now I have only used this as a base for my make-up, but I would be happy to use this as a moisturiser. I have to be honest and say I haven't noticed a change in the way my make-up lasts or the way it looks. I don't think it has any effect on my fine lines or pores either, but I will continue to use this product as I enjoy it's moisturising properties and the way it feels on application. This product is available on the ModelCo website for £30.00 (45ml), Link. This product is also available at boots.com for the same size and price. On the information I have this is also available at Debenhams, but I can not find it on the website sorry.








Next up I have some make-up applicators to review for you. The first one was sent to me for free to review by Kilpatrick PR. This is the EcoTOOLS Bamboo Blush Brush. This make-up brush comes from the 6 Piece Brush set which you can view on the EcoTOOLS website here. This brush has a bamboo handle, recycled aluminium ferrule and soft, cruelty-free bristles. The brush I have came with a resealable pouch as shown on the left. The brush is made from hand cut synthetic hair which is apparently the easiest type of brush to wash as it keeps the shape of the brush and dries it more quickly. 

This brush does feel incredibly soft. I would not have recognised this to be a synthetic brush, but then I am no expert on make-up brushes. I have tried this with my bronzer for contouring and as a blush brush and although it does the job for both which is handy if you don't have enough room to take both brushes on the go with you for travel I prefer it as a blush brush. It feels very gentle on the skin. The bristles of the brush are domed, but the sides of the domed bristles are shaped to be more flat than circular. If you prefer your blush applied more circular on the apples of the cheeks then this may not work as well as other brushes as it has a more direct application. I prefer applying my blush in longer strokes toward my temples to emphasise my cheekbones so that's why I think this works well for me. You can buy this blush brush on boots.com for £7.99 or the set for £15.99. boots.com also have an offer at the moment on selected EcoTOOLS products of buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 price. 

The brush on the right is the EcoTOOLS Bamboo Finishing Kabuki. I was given this product for free as part of goodie bag. The goodie bag I was given at this Speed Beauty Event where I was invited by Kilpatrick PR. I have not been asked to review this product, but I will anyway. This has a contoured handle for ease of use. It is made from synthetic taklon bristles which are 100% cruelty-free and has a bamboo handle. This brush can be used for powder, blush or bronzer. It also comes with a resealable pouch for storage. On the EcoTOOLS website it says this pouch has a zip-top closure, but mine has a plastic press closure a bit like a resealable sandwich bag.

I have tried this kabuki in three ways. I wanted to see how this worked as a foundation brush as I use a flat top brush at the moment for foundation application. This left streaks in my foundation, but I think that's because my usual foundation brush is a lot more dense and the bristles not so far apart. It felt uncomfortable to use in this way also as it felt a little bit spiky.

I washed the kabuki so that I could try it with powder products. It took a couple of days to dry and returned to it's original shape. The thing I think that ruins the shape slightly is when I take it in and out of the resealable pouch as the only way to grab it is by the bristles which splay out a little at the edges when being pulled from the pouch. I noticed one hair come out when I washed the kabuki, but I can't say if that will happen each time as I have only washed it gently once. 

I tried this with blusher and I didn't feel like this was the right shape for it at all. I don't feel like I have much control over where the blusher is going and again it feels a little spiky on the skin, but I am hoping the kabuki will soften with more use. Don't get me wrong it's not scratchy just not as soft as the Blush Brush. 

Lastly I tried this kabuki with my bronzer to contour my face. I contour under my cheekbones which this is great for due to the flat top that has movement so it's not too defined a line. I go around my temples, the sides and tip of my nose, under my jawline and over my neck and decolletage. I try to do this quite lightly all over as I am so light skinned and concentrate more under my cheekbones as that's where I want more definition.  This is the most perfect brush I have used for this area of my face so far and I would recommend it for this alone. The handle makes controlling the brush really easy too. I just wish the pouch was different. Here is the information for this product on the EcoTOOLS website, Link. You can buy this on boots.com for £9.99 where again you can take up Boots selected EcoTOOLS products buy 1 get 2nd 1/2 price.

The last products I have to talk about are these EcoTools Bamboo Cosmetic Applicators. These came in the same goodie bag mentioned above at the Speed Beauty Event. I did receive these for free. I was not asked to review them, but I will.

These have bamboo handles and soft, smooth, firm tips to line, shade and blend. They are meant to be used flat to apply a wash of shadow over the eyelid or use the tip to line, shape and contour. They can be used to apply concealer under the eyes or on blemishes over the face.

These look at first glance to be the type of eye shadow applicators you get in eye palettes. I usually just throw mine away as I normally do a lot of blending and contouring on my eyes with various brushes, but I gave these a try.

The tips feel a lot smoother than those that you get with eye palettes. These I found fine to use with applying a flat, light colour, but for contouring and darker shades these would not work well for me. They are great for travel as they are so small and you get 20 in each pack. There are 3 different sizes in the pack. I admit I have only used the applicators shown in the top of the pack in this link though. They are not too bad for lining the eyes with shadow. I can not say how they work for concealer as I have not used them for this. I could not find these on the boots.com website I'm afraid, but they should be available in store. EcoTOOLS are also available at Superdrug and Tesco, but I could not find them on their websites, sorry.




So that's all of my reviews for this post. If you want to try any of these products I think they all work in some way, but the one that stands out for me is the kabuki.




Thank you to Kilpatrick PR for sending me two of these products to review and for gifting me with the other two at the Speed Beauty Event. I have two other products sent to me by Kilpatrick PR yet to review and they will be coming soon.




Have you tried any of these products and are you a fan of them? Which products do you like/dislike from ModelCo and/or EcoTOOLS and why?





Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...