August 2012 GlossyBox: International Superstars

Hey there loves. Have you had a good week? I do hope so. I have been doing the usual work etc, but I did go out to lunch on Thursday with work colleagues and friends as someone is retiring and wanted to treat us all. We were all very thankful. The meal was scrumptious. I had feta and spinach parcels with mango chutney, pork medallions with potatoes, onions, carrots, runner beans and cauliflower cheese. This was all finished off with toffee and walnut ice cream. The walk back to work was a slow one. Myself and a few others did walk back up 9 flights of stairs in an attempt to work some of it off, ha ha ;)

Now let me get on to today's post. This month's GlossyBox is named International Superstars as this box contains products from around the world.








Left To Right:

Alessandro Pro White, £7.85 for 10ml

My nails are always yellow stained because I always wear nail polish and don't give the nails a chance to breath. I will give this a try to see if this will help. I do wonder if it is okay to wear under nail polish as a base coat because I don't really like not wearing polish because of the yellow staining. If anyone knows please advise :)

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, £18.50 for 200ml

I always like to try out new cleanser/make-up removers so I hope this works well. I can't smell anything with this oil. Please note that this product says to apply to dry skin with dry hands. Do not add water to this product until ready to rinse off.

Broadway Nails imPRESS Press-On Manicure, £7.99 for a colour or £8.99 for a pattern (24 nails)

I must say I was very excited when I saw these in my GlossyBox as I have heard good things about them. I love that they actually come in what looks like a nail polish bottle. These seem very simple to apply. You just choose the right sizes for your nails, cleanse your natural nails with the enclosed prep pad, peel off the backing and press firmly. There are 12 sizes of nails in the pack. These nails are said to last up to a week. To remove gently peel from the sides or apply polish remover around edges, wait 1 minute and peel off. I love the shade I have. It's a glossy purple named Velvet Rope.

Vera Valenti L'ombre a Paupiere Margarita, £3.85 for the palette

When I first saw this palette I thought how sweet a flower design and it has a mirror which is ace, but when I swatched it I was a little disappointed.








I have swatched this as it appears in the palette. The three bottom left shades are okay, but the rest I could leave to be honest. A few of them barely show up and the brown shade on the middle right didn't show up at all. A bit of a shame, but 3 out of 10 shades are not too bad I suppose when the palette is only £3.85. If I had swatched this in store I wouldn't have picked this up though because I like my eye shadows quite pigmented and these are quite powdery too. Especially the paler shades.

Lipcote, £3.99 for 7ml

I have bought this product before in the past so it's nothing new to me. It is basically a sealant that you put over the top of your lip colour to prevent bleeding, keep your colour for longer and make it water resistant. In the past I have found this can work, but my lips get very dry so I think this can dry them out if I use it too often. Don't take my word on this for now though because it's a long time since I have tried it and the formula may not be the same. I will give it a go and let you know.

GlossyBox Lipstick In Glossy Pink, £9.50 for 4g

This lipstick was created with make-up brand Kryolan. This is meant to be an everyday lipstick and I think it really is. In fact I think this could easily take you from day to night. 








This feels very creamy and smooth on swatching. This a very pretty, feminine, just bold enough shade of pink that would suit everyone in my opinion. I am really excited to try this out.




So that's everything in this month's box. I am really pleased with it. The lipstick and the imPRESS nails are the stand out products for me so far. 




For more information on GlossyBox UK check out this Link. For GlossyBox US check out this Link.




Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...