October 2012 GlossyBox: DIY Beauty

Hey Beauties. I received my October GlossyBox in the post. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness month and GlossyBox are supporting this worthy cause by donating to Breast Cancer Care. This month they have put together a box of pampering treats to create a 'home spa' experience. Perfect for a girls night in. So here is my box :)










Now the products .....






Left To Right:

Anatomicals Don't Just Clean It Woman, Scrub It Body Scrub, £3.49 for 200ml

Rub a dub dub, this is no po-faced scrub.

I am normally put off and bored by long titled products, but the wit behind this product name is amazing. I really like the scent of this pink grapefruit exfoliator. It has a gel consistency with quite small exfoliating particles. When I rub it into my hand it develops a slightly white appearance so I think it may foam up a bit when I use it.

Yves Rocher France Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser - Hydra Vegetal, £18.00 for 30ml 

Targeted moisturising for wrinkle-prone areas. The Instant Anti-Wrinkle Moisturiser: - Provides deep and lasting moisture - Immediately smoothes wrinkles. Its plus factor: Enriched in Hyaluronic Acid for a greater efficacity! Formula tested under dermatological supervision. No animal ingredients.

I love trying out new moisturisers. This one claims to smooth wrinkles immediately. I will let you know if this improves my wrinkly appearance, ha ha. This has a clean, fresh scent to it. 






Left To Right:

Skinetica Anti-Blemish, £6.99 for 100ml


A unique solution for clearing skin blemishes (acne, spots, pimples etc) showing results in 2-3 days. Skinetica has been dermatologically tested and proven to be kind to skin with no side effects. It is non greasy and contains no toxic chemicals. Skinetica soothes, calms and clears for a great complexion. Suitable for all skin types.

I get the odd few spots, especially at that time of the month, but I haven't ever had full on acne so I can't test this product for that purpose. I think it's great if this does show improvement in 2-3 days and if it has no side effects that's brill too. This product does not smell offensive in any way.

Green People Organic Self Tan, £18.95 for 200ml

A healthy, natural-looking tan, quick drying, non-greasy and no biscuit smell! Lightly scented with natural essential oils. Tan will develop after 3-4 hours. Re-apply every 3-5 days for maximum impact. To maintain the tan re-apply after 3 days.

This product is a white lotion that looks as though it will apply smoothly. I'm not a frequent self-tanner so I will need to see how I get on with this.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure (630 Haute Chocolate), £6.99 for 14.7ml

5 Steps in 1 Bottle:

• Base Coat
• Strengthener
• Growth Treatment
• Color
• Top Coat

I can't wait to try this as if all I need is to apply 2 coats of this for the perfect manicure I'm sold. I would describe my shade as a rose chocolate shimmer.



So that's everything. I like this box. It leads me from taking care of my skin to being revealed as a bronzed, manicured goddess. Okay so I'm getting carried away, but that's how pampering is meant to make you feel right?



For more information on the UK GlossyBox click here.



For the US box please click here.



Which products did you receive in your October GlossyBox? Are you happy so far? Let me know in the comments below.




Love to you all

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...