Make-Up Eye Palette 2013 Favourites

Hi once again beauties. Today I am eager to share with you the 2nd part to my eye make-up 2013 favourites which are my most used eye palettes of the past year. I have been trying to make a real effort to use them more often as I sometimes find it easier to pick out my singular shades when I know the colours I want to use. This is because I have too many palettes (yes I said it) and sometimes I forget which shades are in them (shock horror)!



I have many more than these four from the Sleek MakeUP I-Divine collection, but I found that I used these four palettes the most from the Sleek MakeUp line last year. There is such a great array of soft, light and nude shades here as well as much deeper tones for smokey eye looks. I love the Sleek MakeUP I-Divine palettes so much because they have great pigmentation, well thought out palette colour combinations and are great quality at just £7.99 per palette. That's 12 shades for less than a pound per colour. 

The Nude Collection Au Naturel palette (top left) I previously spoke about, including swatches and a brief description of each shade. I think this palette is great for those who prefer simple eye looks that can be smoked up when the mood strikes. A great everyday palette.

The Oh So Special palette (bottom right) I believed was limited edition at the time of my previous post, but it is still available to purchase now. This palette has some gorgeous pink and peach tones on the left with more smokey shades to its right.

The Bad Girl palette (top right) is definitely not for the faint hearted. When I pick up this palette I know I want dark, smokey impact eyes. It's a well named palette for you vixens out there.

The Limited Edition Paraguaya palette (bottom left) is no longer available on the Sleek MakeUP website, but you may be able to find it on Ebay or Amazon. This palette's collection of colours are real peach and rose tones. This is one of Sleek MakeUP's more lighter palettes with only one real dark shade. Applied carefully these shades can look amazing, but be careful if you do pick up this palette as some of these shades if applied to heavily, especially under the eyes can make you look a little hungover.

Each of these palettes has a mixture of matte and shimmer shades. They all have a really good sized mirror and very slimline packaging that stays shut when needed so great for carrying around if necessary. I just wish that there was some indication on the back of the shades included like colour swatches so that when I scramble through my make-up deciding what to use I can see the shade range at a glance.



Oh my god let me just say that if you want bold metallic eyes that are easy to apply then this is a duo not to miss. As you can see I have used the shade on the right more, but OMG once again they are both beautiful gleaming cream shades. I love to use my fingers to apply the right shade to my eyelids and then smoke them up on the outer corners. Instant look at me eyes with sexy smoulder. These do not crease on me either, even without a primer and last all day.



Now this palette was the first in the Urban Decay Naked line. There was so much hype around blogs at the time about it that you kind of felt like you must have it or you weren't part of the IT crowd. Maybe that sounds a bit OTT, but after oohing and ahhing over it for so long I took the plunge handed over my cash and here we are. I must say that I am so glad I did. These shadows are without doubt an investment. They are so smooth and creamy. I feel like I am treating myself still when I pull this out to decorate my eyes. Although this is a very neutral palette there are lots of glitter and shimmer shades in here and just two matte. I do think there are some great shades to just make your eyes pop using only one of the colours looking like you have made more effort than you actually have. Great for last minute invites! This came with the Urban Decay Primer Potion which was great, but I will still purchase my E.L.F. Eyelid Primer that works better and is a lot cheaper. I have the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in Zero & Whiskey too that came with the palette. At the time I remember these palettes were selling out so fast that they had to bring out more, but with an eyeshadow brush instead of the pencils. My only negative towards this palette is the casing which is a velvet texture. Mine is very clean compared to what I have seen on a lot of blogs because I still keep it in the original plastic packaging otherwise make-up and dust would have covered it by now. I would therefore say it's not as travel friendly as the Urban Decay Naked 2 and Naked 3 palettes which have a tin design that should keep a lot more clean. There are 12 shades (including 7 best sellers) in this palette which works out to be just over £3.00 per shade. I really don't think that's bad for such a high quality product. I have been tempted by the Urban Decay Naked 2 & 3 palettes, but at the time I just couldn't justify spending the money on them. Obviously we have just had Xmas and I have 3 birthdays to pay for this month so I can't see me buying them any time soon.

So that's all for my most used eye palettes of 2013. Please let me know your favourites in the comments below along with any requests for make up looks from any of these palettes or swatches that are not linked in this post.



Love to you all   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...