Make-Up Face Product Favourites For 2013

Hi lovelies and Happy Thursday! Today I am going to do my first ever favourites post. I know it's rare for a blogger not to have favourites posts, but I just tend to review products as I use them. The end of 2013 and the beginning of 2014 however has got me thinking about products that I continue to use frequently. So here is my pick of favourite make-up face products for 2013.



Milani Glimmer Stripes All-Over Colour 05 Honey Glimmer

I picked up this multitasking product at Poundland in the summer. You can find that post here. I use the lightest 2 shades together or separately as a highlighter on my brow bone, cupids bow and tops of my cheeks. The darker shades I swirl together to use as a bronze blush. Swirling all of the palettes shades together gives lovely luminous bronzed glow to the cheeks so no need for a separate bronzer and highlight. I am just careful when using it in this way to make sure not to apply the product far below my cheekbones or too high. I can also create simple or smokey eye looks with this palette. I usually use 1, 2 or 3 of the shades. I think this palette may be discontinued, but I have seen it on Ebay and Amazon. I just wish I had picked up the other shaded palettes from this collection when they had them in Poundland. 


Chit Chat Foundation Oatmeal

This foundation I picked up in the same haul post mentioned above. This has a very light to medium coverage depending on how heavily you apply it. I love to use my fingers with this product. It's not runny or stiff. The formula is a cream texture that is very easy to work with. It has a clean and fresh scent when I sniff the bottle, but I don't feel that I notice any scent when applying it. I have never had any streaking or clinging to dry patches with this product. It actually feels quite moisturising. This shade is oatmeal which matches my pale skin very well. It's quite yellow toned. At the time I noticed another shade which was more pink toned, but I don't actually know the shade name. I would certainly pick this up again as it's so inexpensive and great for everyday wear. This 30ml tube I would say has lasted about 4 months as I have tried other products too.



This is a gorgeous warm toned blush that works well both with my pale skin and with fake tan. It is quite pigmented so it's best to add a little at a time and build it up as desired. It gives a very natural, healthy glow. I have worn this shade through all seasons. I would definitely say it's an all skin tone shade. I am not sure if Illamasqua are discontinuing this blusher, but it is showing on the Debenhams website linked above. It has sold out, but hopefully you can pick it up in store. It is more on the expensive side of £18.00, but I will never get bored of using this blush and it is unmistakable in quality by the way it feels and looks on the skin.



In my January 2013 E.L.F. Haul I picked up this product even though I still hadn't finished my previous tub because I love it that much and at 50% off I just couldn't resist. I have very dry skin and for a long time I didn't think that powder on my face was a good idea, but trust me with good skincare and the right products you can wear it. In the above haul link you will see my full review, but for flawless skin this product is magic. The only downside is that the tub does look messy, but as it's translucent it won't leave colour pigment wherever you are applying it so don't worry :) This tub is £6.00, but E.L.F. always have great sales so keep an eye out for those!

I have used a few face primers and concealers too, but I didn't feel that I loved them enough to put them into a yearly favourite. I will however let you know if I find exceptional products of this nature in 2014.

I am writing other favourites posts too including other make-up products and skincare so keep an eye out for those.

If you would like make-up looks using any or all of these products please let me know in the comments below along with any questions about them you may have.



Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...