FESTIVAL EYES: MAJENTA BEAUTY

Hi there lovelies. How fabulous is the sunshine, yay :) It's such a nice feeling to have another bank holiday weekend with another one to come this month, whoop whoop! I have a photo filled post for you today showing off a great eye palette that was sent to me for free by Majenta Beauty to review for you. So here is a little intro ....

Majenta Beauty is the make-up brand founded by Jane Lyons who has an outstanding background. Jane has owned beauty and hair salons, delivered training seminars, written numerous articles for glossy and professional magazines, been a resident make-up artist on TV and a beauty consultant, phew! Jane has created a product range that has basics along with more fun and pigmented products. Jane's daughter Laura-Jane has since joined Majenta Beauty's marketing team in 2013. With a background also in hair and beauty as well as business and marketing from university I am sure Laura-Jane has been a great addition at Majenta.












This lightweight yet secure packaging comes with a small mirror inside perfect for travel. This shadow palette allows you to pick your own shades and formulations whether they be matte or shimmer. Moonwalk I would describe as a blue grey with gold shimmer. Lazy Days is kind of a pearl skin tone shade that glows subtly without the shimmer particles that Moonwalk has. Each shadow has the name stamped on its magnetic back so that for a refill it's easy to know the product name. The exposed top of the packaging makes the shadows easy to see at a glance which is handy for make-up hoarders like myself. Its great that the eye shadows can be taken in and out of the palette so that you can keep them with you for your chosen look of the day in case touch ups are needed. The shadow applicator that came with this palette does feel of better quality than most applicators of this kind, but I prefer using my make-up brushes to get a better blended look.

So how did I create this look? It was very simple really. I applied the shade lazy days to the lids and inner parts of the eyes. Moonwalk I applied to the outer V, in the crease and under the eyes. I didn't want to use too many products on the eyes so that you could really see the shades. I did not use an eye primer either as I wanted to see how pigmented the products are and how well they last alone. I have been wearing this look for about 5 hours now. There is no creasing or fading in the shadows. I do however think that they may show up a little more pigmented with an eye primer. They are easily buildable, especially the shade Moonwalk. I think this is a perfect palette combo for beginners as well as those wanting an everyday or buildable day to night look. These shadows are a little powdery and there is some glitter fallout from the shade Moonwalk so you may want to create your eye look first before applying the rest of your make-up.

With the names Lazy Days and Moonwalk in mind I couldn't help thinking of summer festivals and parties which inspired me to create this wearable day to night look which I think is sexy without being OTT.

Majenta also have some bolder shades which I would love to check out as I think they would be perfect for summer season.

Take a look at the Majenta Beauty online store HERE!

Majenta Beauty also do so much more. Check out this section on their WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS. Book their MAKEUP ARTIST ROADSHOW TEAM for special events and photo shoots. Plus their are FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITIES too!

Let me know your wish list products from Majenta Beauty in the comments below.



Love to you all



Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...