GLOSSYBOX: STARS AND STRIPES

Hi beauties and Happy Sunday. How amazing has the weather been? A little erratic I know, but then in the UK that's normal. Today I have my first impressions of this month's American themed 'Stars and Stripes' GlossyBox for you.




This cult American favourite is formulated with natural waxes, mineral pigments and antioxidants, providing moisturising long lasting colour and protection against the sun.

I have the shade Ruby shown in the swatch above. This to me is a real American girl shade. This blue based red is stunning and highly pigmented. It feels very smooth and glided onto my hand beautifully. It appears to be quite moisturising in texture and I think this shade in particular will last quite well, but I of course will need to test this out when I wear it. The quilted packaging design of the lipstick tube really appeals to me. There are 5 other shades within this range which I would love to try.


An oil and fragrance free lightweight, moisturising formula to even out the skin tone, reducing redness and brightening the eyes while keeping eyeshadow crease-free and colour-true for a lasting look.

Apply this creamy formula with the doe foot applicator to the lids and blend with fingers.

It looks very similar to the E.L.F. eyelid primer. It has a skin tone shade that blends away sheer. I am looking forward to seeing how well my eye shadows last when using this product.


Loved by celebrities and make-up artists this staple product is designed to soothe, relieve and moisturise dry, chapped lips.

I have tried this on my lips today. The balm does feel very nourishing and softening. There is a slight tingling from the menthol, but it is not uncomfortable on the lips. I am not overly keen on the scent as I don't really enjoy beeswax products. I don't really like dipping my fingers into products like this either, but I will use it anyway as it does appear on my first application to have a nourishing formula. These are currently on a 3 for 2 offer in the link above.


This is a non-toxic, cruelty free nail polish.

The shade Glossy Seal that I have has been especially formulated for the July GlossyBox so I don't think you will be able to get your hands on it, sorry. However there are some really gorgeous shades within the collection, including some fantastic duo chromes so check out the link above. I have not tried this brand of nail polish before so I hope it applies well and lasts well too.


This is a lightweight daily moisturiser that offers sun protection as well as revitalising, brightening and age-defying benefits. For normal, mature, blemish, oily and combination skin types. Apply to a cleansed face and neck.

This has a seal on it so I won't open it yet. This is another new brand to me so I will let you know how I find this product to work on my skin.

The stand out product for me in this box so far is the lipstick. It's such an impact shade that will instantly make you look like you have put a lot of effort into your make-up whether you have or not.

What were your favourite GlossyBox products this month? Let me know your thoughts on these products if you have used them before also in the comments below.

For more information on the UK GlossyBox click here and for the US GlossyBox click here.



Love to you all



Vicky xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...